A Brief Manual On How To Write A Career Research Paper
Most research writing serves the main purpose of meeting grade requirements for a particular course. When the subject is a potential career, however, the writer may be the one who derives the most out of the process. You may end up learning something that prevents you from pursuing the wrong job or you may become more prepared to take a particular life path. Here’s how you can get started with researching and writing about a career.
Be certain you know what career you’d like to investigate
There are thousands or maybe even hundreds of thousands of jobs out there. If you are going to look into any one of them thoroughly you should be certain that the one you pick is the one you are most interested in. If you are interested in several different ones, compile a list and think about what appeals to you most about each one. This may help you to narrow down your real interests until only one is left.
Speak to people who have made their livelihoods that way
First person accounts are a great way to learn things. Find someone who does the job you are researching and ask them for the inner details of their position. This is easier for some jobs than others. If you are writing about espionage or being the president of a country the people who occupy such posts may be hard to access or unwilling to speak about them. This is still a great option to those for whom it is available.
Read up on the history of the job
Many jobs have a long and interesting history. If you dig deeply enough, you may find connections with others career-paths that seem unrelated now. Make notes of the points that you think may make your paper more interesting.
Look for statistics
There are several statistics that could enrich your paper. Comparisons of the salary you can expect, the years you would need to spend being educated and even general job satisfaction are all relevant. The percentage of graduates who have the same or similar qualifications would also be of use to your writing if you want to create work that reflects the career accurately.
In the event that these tips do not fully help you, consider asking someone else to assist you who is working on the same assignment. Their insights may prove invaluable.
Have you been given the task of writing a career research paper? This assignment is most often designed to allow you to explore career option(s) that are attractive to you. Hopefully after completing this assignment, you will have a better idea of what you would like to do in the future. If you look on the internet for a career research paper sample, you will find that students take a variety of approaches. You might find inspiration in a career research paper example as you begin your writing process. If not, you might wish to simply begin with a career research paper outline. This will help you to organize your thoughts as you decide how to write a career research paper. It can be difficult deciding how to start a career research paper if you cannot decide on a topic. Fortunately, we have listed some essay prompts to get you started on your career research paper assignment.
Compare and Contrast Essay Prompts for your Research Paper on Careers
If you didn't get any ideas viewing a sample career research paper, here are a few ideas for you:
- Write a career research essay comparing and contrasting the employment outlook and salary potential for two different careers that you are considering.
- Write a paper comparing and contrasting careers in the not for profit realm with careers in for profit fields. Make sure you meet all of the criteria on your career research paper rubric.
- What is it like to be a computer programmer today versus forty years ago?
Writing Ideas for Persuasive and Argumentative Career Research Papers
Here are some career research paper examples if you would like to write a persuasive or an argumentative essay:
- Write a research paper on career choice that argues whether or not parents should have significant input on their children's job choices.
- Persuade your audience as to which career has the most promise today. Make sure that you have fulfilled all of your career research paper requirements.
- Write a nursing career research paper that argues whether or not student loan forgiveness is a good reason to pursue a nursing or other medical career.
- Is it too risky to pursue a career in the fine arts? Pick a side and write an essay arguing that point. Remember to start off with a strong career research paper introduction!
- Write a research paper on career choices for women. Has enough progress been made?
Personal Essay Ideas for your Career Planning Research Paper
If you want to explore your own career path, here are a few ideas to help you write a research paper on a career:
- What was your dream job as a child? What is your dream job now?
- Describe your ideal day on the job.
- What was your first job like?
- Have you ever lost a job? What was that like?
Still not sure of how you are going to proceed? You can visit TrustMyPaper.com to look at an example of a career research paper. If you would like even more help, we can provide you with a paper on any number of career research paper topics. We have professional writers on staff who will write your outline for career research paper, your rough draft, and your final draft. Whether you are writing a research paper on teaching career or a career development research paper, you can count on TrustMyPaper.com for top notch essay writing services.
Tagged in:research paperformatresearch paper structurepaper service